After installing the glass, it becomes apparent how important clean windows are in this pedestrian street. In order to achieve a neat appearance, the windows, including the skylights and the so-called domes, had to be stripped of all sealant residue, the windows had to be degreased, and also the moisture cloths behind the Trespa fascias had to be trimmed.
Then, to also maintain a neat appearance, the windows were treated with nC ProTect 4500 glass sealant. This sealant is protected from contamination, scratches, adhesion and condensation by spraying the glass and then rubbing out the sealant.
The requirements from the builder:
- Achieve a permanently clean, groomed window surface;
- Ability to glue/seal on coating without loss of adhesion;
- Durability coating at least 5 years;
- Minimizing maintenance.
Benefits of applying nC ProTect 4500 Glass Sealant for NS Station Alkmaar:
- Makes surfaces water and grease repellent;
- Optimizes a clean impression of the pedestrian street;
- Optimizes light output from windows;
- Minimizes cleaning costs;
- Green Solution: Minimizes environmental impact caused by dirty wash water, soap use and packaging waste;
- Green solution: Low consumption up to 100m² per liter;
- Lifetime extension to 10 years possible.
Even after a rain, the effect of the coating is clearly visible. Condensation is almost entirely absent.