Several rides already installed, as well as new construction, are balanced by counterweights. To keep the attractions mobile, these counterweights consist of tanks filled with water. These tanks can be emptied again, reducing the movable weight during transport, and making it easier to handle the counterweights (tanks) during transport.
Corrosion in the tanks can develop as cracks appear in the coating on the inside of the tanks. In order to eliminate the possibility of corrosion development and stop possible corrosion already present in the tanks, KMH Rides has adopted the application of nC Corrosion Passivator – Fluid in the ballast water tanks of ocean-going vessels and applied it in the counterweights (tanks) of its rides and attractions.
nC Corrosion Passivator – Fluid floats on water. At a ratio of 1 liter of passivator to 1 m³ tank capacity, the nC Corrosion Passivator = Fluid is poured into the tank. Then the tank is filled with water (ballast weight). As a result, the passivator is “lifted” by the rising water level and settles to the metal interior of the tank. When pumping out the tank, the same thing happens again. The corrosion passivating particles contained in the passivator fluid form a bond with the surface and in this way prevent new rust formation and stop any corrosion process already present.
Benefits passivation with nC Corrosion Passivator Fluid for KMG Rides:
- Long-term protection against new and existing corrosion.
- No time wasted blasting or corrosion removal in existing tanks saves weeks of work.
- No blasting waste saves huge costs.
- Corrosion passivation at rust prone areas prevents recurring corrosion.
- The yield per liter is more favorable than usual primer and paint systems. The savings are around 40% to 60%.